Organizer: Naomi Humenny (Event Director)
Map: Magic Line Short
Magic Line Snowshoe 7 Km & 3 Km
The Magic Line Snowfest follows a fixed route along the recently completed Magic Line Trail, at the Kimberley Nordic Centre. There are two course lengths to choose from each offering it's own set of challenges. Parts of the route will be well packed while other portions will have been tracked but not packed ensuring that snowshoes are a must.
Kimberley Nordic Centre, Kimberley, BC
- December 31, 2013 Pre-registration opens
- Saturday, February 22nd
- 9:00 AM Late registration and Check-in
- 10:00 AM Race Start
- 12:30 PM Course Closing
- Half Magic ~ 3.0 km
- perfect for families or those looking for a shorter challenge
- beginning at the Nordic Centre, up and over K2 hill and then back along Meadow trail.
- medium to well packed trail
- Full Magic ~ 7.0 km
- for those looking for a physical challenge
- three hills to climb: K2, Cardiac Arrest & Moe's Ridge
- both medium and limited tracked trail
- Pre-register on-line
- Late registration - after February 20th ( $2.00 late fee applies)
- check in February 22nd - 9:00 AM
Individual Entry Fee:
- $10 per entry (2014 KOC members)
- $15 per entry (non members) includes 2014 KOC membership
Kids Entry Fee ($16 and under):
- free for KOC members
- $5 per entry (non members) includes 2014 membership
Entry includes post-event snacks and Gwinner's European Hot Dogs.
Members and membership refers to being a 2014 member of the Kootenay Orienteering Club or another club affiliated with Orienteering Canada
No payment required until February 22nd between 9:00 AM & 9:45 AM .
Thank you for pre-registering. Registrations after February 20th will be subject to a $2 late fee per entry.
A valid pass to the Kimberley Nordic Trails or a $10 fee / person is payable upon entry to the Nordic Centre.