Hoping to reduce the effects of all that holiday feasting or just want to celebrate winter, then the Turkey Run-Off Snowshoe Race is for you. All the action starts at noon on Sunday, December 27th, 2015. On site- check-in and late registration opens at 11:00 am.
Lois Creek Trail network, Kimberley, BC. Enter from Trail Street.
Participants will receive a map of the Lois Creek Trail System. On the map will be marked 14 - 16 control points (easily located along the trail system). The goal is to locate the number of controls, required for your category and return to the finish in the shortest time. The first person back is the winner.
Lois Creek Trails 1:12,500 20 m contours
Select a category that suits your ability:
Top Turkey - approx. 6.0 km course : 14 control points
Gobbler - approx. 4.0 km course : 11 control points
Yard Fowl - Approx. 2.5 km course ; 8 control points
There will also be a free 1.0 K kid's course for those 10 & under.
- 16 & older - $15 (includes KOC 2016 membership)
- 15 & under - $5 (includes KOC 2016 membership)
- Late fee: $2.00 if you haven't pre-registered by Dec. 23th at midnight
- * already a 2016 member? Deduct $5.00
Your entry fee includes:
- TRO entry
- Wiener Roast
- Use of SI Timing stick
- 2016 Kootenay Orienteering Club or affiliated orienteering club membership (required)
- Pre-registration is prefered. It speeds things up on the day and ensures we have enough food for everyone.
- Payment can be made Dec. 27th between 11:00 - 11:45 . Registrations after midnight Dec. 23rd or on the day will be subject to a $2 late fee.
On the Day:
- 11:00 am Registration check-in opens
- 11:30 am Clinic for newbies and first time participants - check-in early
- 11:45 am Registration closes
- 12 noon Mass start
- 1:30 pm Course Closes - Everyone must be back at the finish.
- 1:45 pm Awards
Host: Kootenay Orienteering Club
Registration sign-in at the Trail Street entrance to Lois Creek
Start: Lois Creek - use Trail Street entrance and follow the trail for 300 metres.
We encourage participants to carry a cell phone.