to reduce the effects of all that holiday feasting or just want to
celebrate winter, then the Turkey Run-Off Snowshoe Race is for you. Saturday, December 30th, 2017.On site-
check-in and late registration opens at
10:00 am. Mass start at 11:00 am. This is a joint event with KOC and Get Outside BC.
Lois Creek Trail network, Kimberley, BC. Enter from Trail Street.
Participants will receive a map of the Lois Creek Trail System. On the map will be marked with 17 control points (easily located along the trail system). Participants must find the number of controls needed for one of the events below in 90 minutes.
- Top Turkey - All 17 controls and approx. 7km
- Gobbler - 12 controls and approx. 4km
- Yard Fowl - 7 controls and approx. 1.5km
Lois Creek Trails 1:13,000 20 m contours
- Solo - Female or Male
- Team or Family - 2 or more people on the same team
- (Junior Participants 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
Fees (include post event Weiner roast & 2018 KOC membership) :
- 17 & older - $15
- 16 & under - $10
- Pre-register by midnight Dec. 29th. Late fee of $5.00 will be added for any late registrations on race day.
- All participants must be a 2018 Kootenay Orienteering Club member (included with entry)
Your entry fee includes:
- Turkey Run-off entry
- Wiener Roast
- Use of SI Timing stick
- 2018 Kootenay Orienteering Club membership: $5.00 value
- Please pre-register to ensure we have enough hot dogs and hot chocolate for everyone! (and it speeds things up on the day and ensures we have enough food for everyone).
- Registration check-in and late registration opens at 10:00 am at the Lindsay Park entrance (at the end of Nelson or Trails Streets) to Lois Creek
On the Day:
- 10:00 am Registration check-in opens (Registration sign-in at the Trail Street entrance to Lois Creek)
- 10:30 am Clinic for newbies and first time participants - check-in early
- 10:45 am Registration closes
- 11:00 am Mass start
- 12:30 pm Course Closes - Everyone must be back at the finish. Late time penalty applies.
- 12:45 pm Awards
Hosts: Kootenay Orienteering Club and Get Outside BC
Start: Lois Creek - use Lindsay Park entrance and follow the trail and directions for 300 metres.