Organizer: Jim Webster (Event Director)
A ski orienteering course that you can do on your own time and at your own speed. All you need is to print the attached course map then install the free MapRun6 app on either your Android or Apple phone. Open the app and register your name then you can select the event / course you wish to ski.
After you have completed the course your track (route skied), your split times and total elapsed time will automatically upload to the event leaderboard where you can compare your route to others that have completed the course. http://maprunners.weebly.com
For more details checkout the Quick Guide.
So here at the steps:
- Print yourself a copy of the map
- Install MapRun6 app
- Register Your Name
- Select Event
- British Columbia
- KNC Scatter SkiO. Course Map Download to Print
4. Head to the Kimberley Nordic Centre / Open the App and Select Proceed to the Start
- Listen for the beep at the start triangle then ski the course in order. You should hear a beep as you reach each check point.
- Visit 13 of the 17 control points. Controls can be visited in any order.
- As you finish your track and time are automatically uploaded to the leader board.